The University of Nevada, Reno and Iowa State University present the 2021 Engineering First! Teacher Workshop.
July 14th, 2021 – Held Virtually August 4th, 2021 – Held at UNR
Held virtually and in-person in Reno, Nevada. Teachers will learn from experts in bridge engineering and curiculum writers, exploring a 4 week bridge-related learning module targeted at elementary school students.
Lesson plans highlighted in the workshop include:
- What is an Engineer?
- Identify a problem and solution
- What is the strongest shape?
- Types and magnitudes of force
- Famous bridges
- K’nex bridge building
- Engineering of balsa bridges
- Reflection on engineering and the engineering process
Participants will be provided materials to implement what they learn during the workshop directly into their classrooms.