NEVADA ROBOTICS IMPACT ACROSS THE STATE
Attendees at Robotics Trainings
Robotics Teams in Nevada
Increase of Robotics Teams Since 2016
Funding Dollars Given to New Coaches
Nevada Robotics is a educational organization with the vision to give all students the opportunity to be creative and problem-solve through hands-on robotics education and experiences. We collaborate with community, industry and educational partners to deliver engaging robotics education to both Nevada’s teachers and students. We work closely in partnership with two non-profit robotics programs – FIRST Nevada and The REC Foundation.
Our hope is to increase the access to robotics education in rural and low-income communities across Nevada, resulting in an increase to the workforce pipeline of engineers, scientists, technical professionals and programmers, especially with girls and other underrepresented populations.
Nevada Robotics works in collaboration with Nevada’s higher education systems, school districts, robotics education programs, industry and community partners to create engaging robotics opportunities for all students across the state. This collective state-wide effort is designed to inspire K-12 students to pursue careers in STEM fields.
Some of our program highlights from 2020-2021 include:
- Virtual & In-Person Robotics Trainings for Educators
- Hands-On Robotics Kits for Students
- STEM Works! PBS x Nevada Robotics Video Series Collaboration
- Online Resources for Educators and Robotics Coaches
- Community and School Connections
– Increase diversity and inclusion of robotics and STEM education for girls and underrepresented populations.
– Increase the number of students entering STEM fields in Nevada’s two and four-year colleges and universities.
– Increase access to robotics opportunities in rural and low-income urban communities across Nevada.
– Increase Nevada’s workforce pipeline of engineers, scientists, and technical professionals.
Join FIRST Nevada for a Robot-in-a-Day training event for FIRST LEGO League Challenge teams. The events will be held in-person in Reno and Las Vegas on October 23rd, 2021…
The Congressional App Challenge is a yearly competition in which middle and high school students in participating congressional districts are challenged to code their own web or mobile app, flexing their coding and computer science skills. Students can use any programming language…
Read the 74 Million's full article: Recession, Recovery & Robotics: Can CTE and Reno's...
FIRST Nevada shared an awesome opportunity for Nevada's students, age 13 - 17. Read on to learn...
We had a successful week at the Robotics Academy of Nevada - with engaged and dedicated educators...